Hi everyone, a quick update about our planned launch in the Alps. We’re looking at forecasts (here: https://www.3bmeteo.com/meteo_regione-trentino-aa.htm?giorno=8) in order to see what day would be the best for the launch. At the moment the two best options seem to be December 29th and 30th. We’ll keep looking in the next days, when the weather forecasts will be more reliable—and I’ll post here an update with our final decision.
Here’s a a rough schedule for the day of the launch:
- Meet at 9:00am at “Cabinovia Col Raiser”, near Ortisei / Sankt Ulrich (here: https://goo.gl/maps/T5wgNVoT9Yu), which is the starting point of a cableway that will bring us up to 2,000m, near our designated point for the launch;
- Once up there, we’ll have a nice hike in the snow for about 2 hours, in order to reach the small, quite valley where we’re planning the launch;
- We’re building a custom sensor to record the flight path and some athmospheric data;
- Once the launch is done we can decide if we want to go back downhill walking or with the cableway.
The launch is free and we’d love paople to participate! You can contact me here, or write us at folder [at] studiofolder.it for more details and logistics.